The bottom line
The bad news is that, as you've seen, you've broken God's minimum standard.
I mean, if you cannot even live up to your own standard, how can you live up to God's?
God calls this standard by which he will judge the entire world, His Law, or Commandment.
Breaking this standard is called sin, and those that break this standard are called sinners.
So, if you have broken this standard (and everyone has), then you are a sinner...
But the good news is that God loves you!
And because He loves you, He sent His Son to take the punishment of your sins and die in your place so that you do not have to be punished and separated from Him.
Here are some Bible passages that reveal God's love for us:
- "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." ~Romans 3:23
- "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." ~Romans 5:8
- Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." ~John 14:6
- "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart ... that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." ~Romans 10:8
- Jesus says: "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven." ~Matthew 10:32
- "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name." ~John 1:12
- "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." ~ Ephesians 2:8
Okay, now what?